ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
A two-page abstract, consisting of one page text and one page figures, in PDF format,
should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 15, 2012.
A confirmation email, acknowledging receipt of the abstract and containing the assigned abstract number,
will be sent to the corresponding author within 2 business days of submission.
Authors are encouraged to use the templates below to prepare their submissions:
Latex Template (Windows)
Latex Template (Linux)
If you choose not to use the templates, the following
formatting requirements still apply:
1) Page size: Letter (8.5 in by 11 in)
2) The abstract should contain a title, a full list of authors, affiliations, email address of the corresponding author,
text (in-line references; section headings optional), bibliography (Phys Rev format plus title), and figures.
3) Font: Times New Roman; title 24 pt font; main text 11 pt font single spacing; figure captions 9 pt
4) Front matter (title, authors, and affiliations) should be single column;
main text, figures, and references should be double column
5) Margins: ideally 1 in (top/bottom, left/right) but some flexibility is acceptable
6) No page numbers
Accepted abstracts will be collected in a Book of Abstracts, available at the conference.
(The Book of Abstracts is copyrighted by IEEE and has been assigned ISBN: 978-1-4673-0706-2).
Authors will have the option to submit a 4-page
proceedings paper to be published online through IEEE Xplore.
Proceedings paper will be due shortly after the conference.
STUDENT TRAVEL AWARDS
A limited number of student travel awards will be available for students presenting papers.
Depending on the availability of funds, the awards will cover part of lodging and registration.
Eligibility: In order to apply for a Student Travel Award, the applicant must
1) Be a graduate student at the time of the IWCE conference
2) Be first author on the abstract and the presenter of the paper
3) Register to attend either the whole IWCE conference (Wed-Fri) or both the conference and the Phonon School (Mon-Fri)
4) Provide a signed letter from the faculty advisor (in PDF form) confirming the applicant's student status
Download Student Travel Award application form
Eligible applicants should fill out the application form above.
A PDF of the filled-out application form and a PDF of a
signed letter from the graduate advisor, confirming the applicant's student status, have to be submitted simultaneously
with the abstract, via email to email@example.com
Student Travel Awardees will be selected by the
Program Committee from among the
highly ranked student papers during the abstract evaluation phase.
Student applicants will be notified about the status of their travel award application at the same time when they are notified of the abstract acceptance.